As a homeowner, you know there’s a lot of upkeep to protect your investment. Don’t get overwhelmed – do a little each season, each month, and each week to keep your home in top notch shape. Here’s Septembers “To-Do” list.
- Inspect roofing for missing, loose or damaged shingles and leaks.
- Power-wash windows and siding
- Flush hot water heater and remove sediment
- Winterize air conditioning system
- Have your HVAC inspected in preparation for winter
- Check weatherstripping on doors and windows
- Clean garbage disposal by running it with water, ice, baking soda and citrus rinds.
- Test carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
- Apply fertilizer to lawn
What would you add to this list to prepare your home for the Autumn season and cooler temps?
F.C. Tucker Geist
The Tumbarello Group