Regardless of whether the overall housing market is up or down, there can be fierce competition when it comes to buying a home in a desirable neighborhood. So, if you want to live in a “hot’ area, how do you gain an advantage? Here are some tips:
- Schedule viewings of homes for sale in the neighborhood as soon as they go on the market. Have you ever heard the expression, “The early bird gets the worm”? It’s often true.
- Arrange to get alerted, via email or text, to brand new listings the moment they are available.
- Make sure you have your financing pre-approved, so you can make a quick and credible offer right away.
- Prepare your current home for sale, so you can list it quickly (if it isn’t already listed.)
- Know how to make an enticing offer that a buyer will take seriously. It’s not always the highest price that wins the deal.
Even in a competitive market, you don’t want to end up overpaying. That’s why
savvy offer preparation, presentation and negotiation are also keys to getting the
home you want.
F.C. Tucker Geist Fishers